The goal of the position is to provide visitors with an educational, fun, and safe guided tour experience as they learn about the Battleship New Jersey. This position is Part-Time, not to exceed 24 hours per week.
- Conduct assigned scheduled tours of the Firepower, City at Sea, and Turret II Experience guided tours. This will include providing pre-tour briefing, staying within prescribed time limit, following the tour route, accurately relaying the established script, and utilizing appropriate customer service skills to answer questions and provide additional information for all visitors.
- Monitor visitors’ activities in order to ensure compliance with established tour and safety regulations.
- Provide for physical safety of groups, performing such activities as providing first aid and directing emergency evacuations.
- Provide directions and other pertinent information to visitors.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Possess a passion for American history, particularly military history.
- Possess very strong verbal communication, interpersonal, and customer service skills.
- Ability to retain historical facts, dates and anecdotes and relate that information to visitors in an interesting and informative way.
- Ability to safely navigate narrow passageways and walk up and down multiple steep interior and exterior stairs.
- Ability to work during the week, weekends, and some evenings.
Battleship New Jersey recruitment policies are designed to place the most highly-qualified persons available in a timely and efficient manner. Battleship New Jersey may pursue all avenues available, including promotion from within, employee referrals, outside advertising, employment agencies, internet recruiting, job fairs, college recruiting, search firms and others.
Equal Employment Opportunity. Battleship New Jersey strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, color, sex, religion, marital status, national origin, age, sexual orientation or preference, medical condition (including pregnancy) or protected disability where it is unrelated to the ability to perform a job, or status as a Vietnam-era or special disabled veteran, or any other category prohibited by federal, state or applicable local law, regulation or ordinance.
This position is Non-Exempt.
To apply for this position please send a cover letter and resume via mail, fax, or email to:
Battleship New Jersey
Attn: Angelo Pizzullo
62 Battleship Place
Camden, NJ 08103
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE