Social Media Coordinator
SOCIAL MEDIA COORDINATOR
Posted Date: 10/11/21
Closing Date: 10/29/21
Position: Social Media Coordinator, Full-Time
Reports To: Director of Marketing
Salary Range: 30,000 – 35,000 per year
Exempt (Y/N): Yes
The Battleship New Jersey is looking for a highly creative, organized, and innovative Social Media Coordinator to continue to build the Battleship’s brand and expand our presence across Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, TikTok, Snapchat, and other social channels.
This is a great opportunity to own social media and grow professionally at one of New Jersey’s largest tourist attractions.
The ideal candidate must have experience owning social media and social media strategy in a previous role. People with artistic, graphic design, and/or video production backgrounds are a major plus, but not required to apply.
You’ll work very closely with the Battleship’s Director of Marketing, CEO, and Curatorial staff.
The Home Port Alliance for the U.S.S. New Jersey, Inc. (HPA), is a private non-profit organization dedicated to the mission of restoring, preserving, exhibiting, and interpreting the history of the former U.S.S. New Jersey and her veterans via our primary artifact, the Battleship New Jersey, this nation’s largest and most decorated battleship. Additionally, the HPA develops educational programs about the Battleship New Jersey and supports the economic growth of the City of Camden, New Jersey.
Via our primary programs of tours, school tours, group outings, overnight encampments and special event rentals, the Battleship draws over 80,000 annually to a site which includes the Battleship, a Memorial Pier, and a Promenade with a visitor’s center with a box office and gift shop.
What You’ll Do
- Work on-site on the Battleship New Jersey
- Oversee day-to-day management of campaigns and ensure brand consistency
- Ensure brand consistency in copy through tone, voice, and terminology
- Build and execute a comprehensive social media strategy
- Manage direct posting across all social channels
- Work with partners/sponsors to coordinate social posting
- Use tools and native analytics to track metrics and the performance of social campaigns
- Own self-selected projects that creatively define our brand through a unique presence
- Monitor social channels for opportunities and creatively inject our brand
- Communicate regularly with internal stakeholders and teams to develop and apply learnings over time
- Build an audience of thousands across Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, TikTok, Snapchat, and assist with our YouTube channel.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in related field
- or 2-4 years of social media management and content creation experience
- Competency with at least one or more of the following design tools: Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, Canva, Illustrator, and/or others to create effective social media
- Knowledge of SEO best practices and tools.
- Ability to work independently and with a team.
- Professional writing and language skills.
- Strong organizational and time-management skills.
- Strategy planning
- Tactics and execution
- Community management
- Understand how content works on social media platforms
- Optimizing content and technology
- Creative mindset
- Health Insurance
- Employee Discount
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacation
Learn more about us on our current social sites. https://linktr.ee/battleshipnj
Tell us why you think you could help us build on what we’ve started in your cover letter.
Submit your resume and cover letter here. Please do not attempt to contact directly. Thank you for your interest in the Battleship New Jersey.