Guest Services Associate
Position: Guest Services Associate
Reports To: Guest Services and Retail Managers
Division: Guest Services
Salary Range: Hourly
Exempt (Y/N): No
Our Guest Services Associates are part of a dynamic team whose goal is to provide superior customer service, while supporting ongoing museum programs. Individuals in this position are responsible for selling merchandise, tickets, and memberships from the Retail Shop and the Ticketing Booth. Additional duties include driving the battleship tram and data entry. This position is Part-Time, not to exceed 30 hours per week.
The Home Port Alliance for the U.S.S. New Jersey, Inc. (HPA), is a private non-profit organization dedicated to the mission of restoring, preserving, exhibiting and interpreting the history of the former U.S.S. New Jersey and her veterans via our primary artifact, the Battleship New Jersey, this nation’s largest and most decorated battleship. Additionally the HPA develops educational programs about the Battleship New Jersey and supports the economic growth of the City of Camden, New Jersey.
Via our primary programs of tours, school tours, group outings, overnight encampments and special event rentals, the Battleship draws over 80,000 annually to a site which includes the Battleship, a Memorial Pier and a Promenade with a visitor’s center with a box office and gift shop. Please visit www.battleshipnewjersey.org for more information.
- Actively greet all customers, while providing high quality customer service.
- Answer customer questions and provide additional information to all guests.
- Service inbound calls and inquiries in a professional manner.
- Handle all sales and register functions, including opening and closing procedures.
- Restock the sales floor and ticketing maps as depleted.
- Monitor guest activities to ensure compliance with established safety practices.
- Provide for the physical safety of groups (first aid and directing evacuations).
- Provide directions and other pertinent information to guests.
- Drive the tram to and from battleship parking lots and the museum.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Previous retail experience or ticket sales experience.
- Positive, friendly, welcoming attitude.
- Superior customer service skills.
- Ability to handle confidential information.
- Flexibility in adjusting to assignment and environment changes.
- Strong interpersonal and conflict resolution skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to work as part of a dynamic team, as well as independently.
- Ability to safely navigate the Battleships narrow passageways and walk up and down multiple steep interior and exterior stairs.
- Ability to work weekends, evening hours, or holidays as needed.
- Military/Naval knowledge is helpful.
- Prior experience with NCR Silver or Blackbaud Altru is helpful.
Battleship New Jersey recruitment policies are designed to place the most highly-qualified persons available in a timely and efficient manner. Battleship New Jersey may pursue all avenues available, including promotion from within, employee referrals, outside advertising, employment agencies, Internet recruiting, job fairs, college recruiting, search firms and others.
Equal Employment Opportunity. Battleship New Jersey strongly support equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, color, sex, religion, marital status, national origin, age, sexual orientation or preference, medical condition (including pregnancy) or protected disability where it is unrelated to the ability to perform a job, or status as a Vietnam-era or special disabled veteran, or any other category prohibited by federal, state or applicable local law, regulation or ordinance.
This position is Non-Exempt.
Submit your resume and cover letter here. Please do not attempt to contact directly. Thank you for your interest in the Battleship New Jersey.