Director of Guest Services
Position: Director of Guest Services
Reports To: CEO
Department: Guest Services
Salary Range: $60,000 – $75,000 / year
Exempt: Exempt, no overtime required
Our Director of Guest Services is part of a dynamic team whose goal is to provide superior customer service, while supporting ongoing museum programs. Individuals in this position are responsible directing the the day-to-day operations of the museum’s ticketing operation and retail operations.
• Hiring and management of ticketing and retail staff.
• Overseeing orders and stock management of the retail stores.
• Reporting to the CEO weekly on the sales for ticketing and retail along with details of improvements.
• Supervising, scheduling, training and performance assessment of all ticketing and retail personnel; including all areas of front-line customer service and visitor experience.
• Management of main number voice mail and inbound call directory and visitor questions.
• Management of customer amenity programs (i.e., prohibited item check-in), membership up selling and other products by box office staff.
• Supervision of closeout and deposit procedures for ticketing and retail operations.
• Full knowledge and understanding for implementation of all areas Altru by Blackbaud or similar CRM.
• Track special promotional offers redeemed at the ticketing office.
• Assist Group Sales thru identifying, attracting, and booking potential school, corporate, social, veteran, and other groups interested in visiting the Battleship New Jersey Museum & Memorial.
• Assist Group Sales by developing box office reservation and sales procedures to facilitate and expedite group experience
• Assist Group Sales with follow-up on all bookings and assisting in generating new client base thru variety of mediums: contact calls, mailings, etc.
• Ability to provide clear and concise communication of group/guest need, to Battleship staff, i.e., date/time of trip, number of visitors, special request, etc.
• Develop a concise tracking system to record visits and other critical customer information for self-guided and group tour customers.
• Must be able to work weekends, evening hours, or holidays as needed.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Two or more years in Box Office and/or retail management with a proven history of accomplishment.
• Bachelor’s Degree or 10 or more years experience can be substituted for bachelor’s degree.
• Proven successful track record with sales to varied groups.
• Experience with retail operations.
• Strong written and oral communication skills.
• Computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite, NCR Silver for retail and Altru by Blackbaud for CRM and Ticket sales.
• Enthusiastic self-starter committed to results.
• Creative thinking ability.
• Positive, friendly, and welcoming attitude.
Because we know that no one will meet 100% of what is expected for any role, and because we understand that some applicants could refrain from applying if they do not meet 100% of qualifications, we urge you to consider applying if much of this description describes you.
Battleship New Jersey recruitment policies are designed to place the most highly qualified persons available in a timely and efficient manner. Battleship New Jersey may pursue all avenues available, including promotion from within, employee referrals, outside advertising, employment agencies, internet recruiting, job fairs, college recruiting, search firms and others.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Battleship New Jersey is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
Submit your resume and cover letter here. Please do not attempt to contact directly. Thank you for your interest in the Battleship New Jersey.