The Battleship New Jersey hosts many private and public events on the ship.
Check out what public events are coming up on our calendar.
THE BATTLESHIP NEW JERSEY
America’s most decorated battleship, she was launched on the first anniversary of Pearl Harbor, and went on to earn distinction during World War II, the Korean War, the Vietnam War, the Cold War, and conflicts in the Middle East. Beginning with her design in 1938 and ending with her final decommissioning in 1991, Battleship New Jersey has a service record that spans more than half the 20th century.
A Balao-class submarine that served during World War II and the Cold War. She was modernized in 1951 as part of the GUPPY Program, her modifications marking her as a GUPPY 1A type submarine. “Becky” is the only remaining example of a GUPPY 1A type submarine still in existence today.
The oldest floating steel warship in the world and rose to prominence as Commodore George Dewey’s flagship during the Battle of Manila Bay in 1898. She bore witness to great changes within the Navy and the United States as a whole during her time in service, and finished her career by bringing the Unknown Soldier home from France in 1921 after the end of World War I before being decommissioned for the final time in 1922.
The Deck-to-Deck Tour includes three hours of touring aboard these historic vessels, as well as light refreshments. If you have any questions, feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at (866) 877-6262 Ext. 108.
The safety of guests and staff is of the utmost importance. We are following all local mandates as it relates to COVID-19. We request that guests follow all COVID-19 guidelines required by the Battleship New Jersey and Independence Seaport Museum.
Join the 102.9 WMGK air staff for tasty craft brews and awesome views at the MGK Brew Blast on the Battleship New Jersey!
It will be a great day of craft beer sampling (over 50 beers) and live classic rock from MGK House Band, the Launch, on the tented deck of America’s most decorated battleship. All tickets include a FREE TOUR of the Battleship New Jersey.
The MGK Brew Blast is a rain or shine event. The main event area is tented. If it’s raining on Saturday, you may want to bring rain gear or an umbrella to stay dry if waiting in line to check in or to walk from the main event area to the bathrooms (about 20-50 feet from beer tent).
WMGK’s John DeBella, Matt Cord and Andre Gardner will be on board ready to talk music and beer with you. There will also be great food available for purchase. This year’s Brew Blast will feature over 50 craft beers.
- General Admission Tickets are $50per adult.
- Group Discount Price of $45 per person when you buy six or more tickets together. Limited number available.
- ATTENTION DESIGNATED DRIVERS – There’s a Designated Driver ticket for just $20. This allows you entry into the event but you will not be able to consume alcohol. This ticket includes a free tour of the Battleship. You MUST BE 21+ to enter.
- To purchase tickets, visit https://mgkbrewblast.upcomingevents.com/wmgk
This year’s line-up will include over 50 beers. Conshohocken Brewing, Ommegang, Spellbound Brewing, Tuckahoe Brewing, Blue Point Brewing, Victory, more to come!
Parking is available at the garage next to BB&T Pavilion. It is a short walk from the parking garage to the Battleship.
If you’re posting about going to the Brew Blast on social media or posting pictures of the event while there, make sure you tag @WMGK and/or use the hashtag #MGKBrewBlast .
Getting There Without Driving
- Riverlink Ferry: Those coming from Philadelphia can take the Riverlink Ferry to the Entertainment Center stop and take a short walk directly to Battleship NJ from the parking lot.
- Riverline Light Rail Train: Ride NJ TRANSIT’s River LINE to the Battleship! Exit at Entertainment Center and walk around the Susquehanna Bank Center. For information, rates and schedules visit https://www.njtransit.com/trip-planner-to or call 973-275-5555.
- PATCO: If taking PATCO from Philadelphia or within NJ, you can take PATCO to the Broadway Station/Walter Rand Transportation Center stop. You can purchase a ticket and get on the Riverline Light Rail Train and take that to the Entertainment Center/BB&T Pavilion stop. Once off the train you can walk around the Susquehanna Bank Center (about 2 or 3 minute walk) to the Battleship.
To register, email email@example.com, or call 866-877-6262 ext 144.